WealthCounsel’s inaugural estate planning awareness survey recently came out, and the results were a fascinating treasure trove of information:
- Nearly half of the respondents believe that estate planning is only for the ultra-rich and most people don’t need it.
- Only 40% of respondents have a will.
- 61% think that a will alone is enough to protect them. (It’s not.)
- 50% believe a will protects them from probate court. (It won’t.)
- 74% think that estate planning is a confusing topic.
But there are some positives included in the survey:
- 71% say estate planning makes them feel like a good spouse or parent.
- 46% are interested in learning more on the topic.
To read the entire report, click on the image below.